Monday, February 3, 2014

Everyday life

It is currently February 2, 2014 as I am writing this, but I was fixing up this travel blog because the formatting had gotten all messed up when I discovered this post in my drafts. I can't believe I never published this, so here I am, a full year after my exchange has ended, pressing 'publish'. I've decided that I should complete the rest of the blog posts I had originally planned to write as well. It's definitely something I'll appreciate 10 years down the road when I want to look back and reminisce on my exchange days. Plus, it'll be a fun way to relive my travels and see what I remember, a year later.

-----------

I've noticed that all my posts have been about places I have travelled, and I haven't really posted about my daily life in Paris! It's just that most of the time when I am in Paris and not travelling, I am at school. School takes up so many hours of the day, I am usually exhausted by the time I get home. So I guess this post will be dedicated to touching on a few things that have happened in the past 1.5 months that I've been here.

First of all, I've had the opportunity to meet so many different people from all over the world. To name a few, I have met people from the Netherlands, Brazil, Indonesia, Ireland, Mexico, Belgium, Hungary, and of course people from France. It's really cool to hear about their countries (in their accents) and what is different over there, compared to Canada and France.


A while back, we also spent some time with all the international students on a boat cruise on the Seine River. After, we chilled at the Eiffel Tower while drinking wine. We also saw a couple taking photos in wedding attire, and we even got a photo with them! That is not something you get to do everyday.



We also had a shopping weekend where we went to La Vallee Village, BHV (a department store), and Rue de Rivoli. We didn't end up finding anythinggg at La Vallee Village, but since it was close to Disneyland Paris, we got a quick glimpse of what we were going to experience when we go on Christmas Day (SO EXCITED, PS). On Rue de Rivoli, we found a shoe store named Viviane which had cute shoes for really cheap! I bought a pair of flats for only 15 euro. Also did I mention the store's name was VIVIANE? French Vivian strikes again!


Once a week, we have Team Canada family dinners. (Cute, right?) Each person is responsible for bringing an item so that we have an appetizer, main course, dessert, and wine. Our most recent one was for Thanksgiving, since we obviously had to celebrate it although we weren't with our friends/family back home. We couldn't get turkeys so we had to make do with chickens. There was salad, sweet mashed potatoes, stuffing, zucchini, apple pie, and wine... All the makings of a great Thanksgiving dinner!



The other day, I was fortunate enough to meet up with an old friend from high school, who is currently on a semester abroad in Germany. He came to visit Paris with a few of his friends, and we had dinner at the Latin Quarter. It was so good to see a familiar face from back home, and catch up since we had not seen each other for 3 years!

I can't believe that I've been in Paris for so long already! Only 2.5 more months left, eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment